First Impressions
[html]

Itzal had changed a lot in his brief stouts at Nova Scotia. He had once been what someone like Harvey would expect. He had always had a sense of humor and had always been a likeable guy, he knew. He had just never bother to let anyone see those sides of him. Sure, he had known how to appeal to people to get what he wanted but that had rarely ever had a shred of truth in it. He found it easier back then to kill if he didn't show any of his true self to anyone. The difference between him then and him now was that he had no problem killing even if he showed his true self. He had evolved, and now the possibility of letting others in to see different sides of him wasn't just a distant possibility.

The thing about Itzal was that his push to kill others for his own survival growing up did something to him. Someone couldn't just kill others like Itzal had and just come out of it unscathed. At least Itzal didn't think it was possible. They had to have some kind of defense mechanism against such a thing. And Itzal's defense mechanism both saved his sanity and cursed it forever. His mind broke off a piece of itself and created Eztli, Itzal's murderous monster that haunted his body. Itzal could kill without a problem because it didn't affect him, it affected Eztli. And it just made Eztli love the killing even more. So the only reason Itzal could kill so easily and without a second thought, was because a part of him loved it so much that the only reason it existed was to kill.

Itzal smiled as Harvey put a very wise point into words. Itzal had to resist the urge to clap as the Aussie made a point that he thought most grown luperci would do well to pay attention too. Even Itzal had to admit the dog made a very valid point. "You know, I'm not sure how many luperci I know that have ever told me anything that wise. You are a pretty wise guy Harvey." Itzal said, fully believing in giving credit where credit was due. He grinned and inclined his head to Harvey out of respect. He straightened his head back out and couldn't help but laugh some as he found himself actually being social around the other male. Itzal wasn't use to just willingly acting so casual but his days where Eztli didn't bother him were few and far between, so it was only to be expected he was a tiny bit happier now that the murderous bastard hadn't bothered him in a few days. But Itzal could never be sure how long that would last.

Itzal nodded as Harvey wish him luck in finding a pack, "The same to you." He said, hoping that the Aussie really did find a pack that suited him. Itzal smirked when the conversation about Rio came up. Itzal himself had seen her dagger but Harvey obviously wasn't very skilled in using a dagger as Itzal was. Itzal could tell from the way she held it and just her body language that she wasn't very experience with the weapon. "Yes, that little dagger made me worry for her. Not much it would do against some bigger boys. So I gave her something I had picked up in my travels. A special dagger. And I gave her some throwing knives and offered to teach her how to use them. I worry about her letting random people follow her home. If she had found me on a bad day," like a day Eztli was in control, He added to himself, "I hate to think what I would have done to her without thinking about it. He sighed, frowning slightly now as he remembered his meeting with Rio. He had been in complete control. But if he hadn't been, he doubted Rio could have fought off Eztli's ruthless assault.

Itzal saw the man's smile waver for a second and then listened to the red Aussie Shepherd offer to share his room, and then make a good hearted attempt at explaining the generous suggestion. Itzal couldn't help himself from smirking as the man rambled and somewhat fumbled through the explanation. Eventually Itzal couldn't handle hanging the man out to dry much longer and just chuckled, grinning, "It's okay Harvey. I believe that the offer was coming from a good heart. He grinned, hoping that he had at least calmed Harvey's nerves some. "I might take you up on that. But to be honest, I kind of like the couch. Gives me a chance to get out of the house at night without bothering anyone. Which was true. There had been nights he had snuck out Halifax to roam and wander. But another reason he hadn't jumped on Harvey's offer was because Itzal wasn't sure he trusted Harvey enough to put himself in such a vulnerable position. Itzal was very cautious, and knew that was one of the reasons he had stayed alive so long.

Itzal looked at Harvey and grinned "But just be aware, if I do take you up on your offer, just be sure you are serious about not trying anything. I like to sleep with plently of knives at my disposal, and I might cut off a finger or to in my mid sleep kind of state." Itzal laughed and he had intended to let Harvey know that he wasn't interested in males but still turn it into a joke. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind walking back with you. And even if I knew what nancy was, I"m sure you don't sound like one. Itzal started walking down the street Harvey had first been headed, leaving Harvey to follow him.

<style>
.itzal-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-tbl p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-tbl-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread