there is black coal filling up our homes
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
*does that all the time* D;

sharksHe might have been ashamed that he hadn't noticed that his father's scent, while a bit stale, also hung in the air of the house, but any surprise did not register on his half-hidden face and the coyote only flicked an ear forward in response. The woman gave her name as Corona, but he still could not decide whether or not she was a relative. It was moments like these that he wished someone in his family would think to record all of their connections somewhere. If they had some sort of family tree displayed on a tapestry in the living room, then certainly he could have spent his childhood mulling over and memorizing it. As it were, no such thing existed for the Lykois, and Arkham could not remember Gabriel ever really talking about his littermates, except in the case of Baneesh. Still, he felt like the woman's name was as familiar as her face. She seemed to be about Gabriel's age, after all.

sharksThe younger hybrid nodded and smiled apologetically. You're right, he said, But I haven't got another cloak and this isn't my house to rummage through. Mentally, he made a note that finding an extra outfit would probably be a good idea for the future. For a while, he considered Corona's relationship with Laruku. How did they know each other? Could she be trusted? As she said, he really didn't want to catch a cold. If his father had been around, Arkham felt like it would have been all right to shed his disguise in his presence. It was doubtful that the man would run off to tell anyone, anyway. But even if Corona was friends with him, could she keep the secret after knowing what the secret was? Then again, as much as he knew the Aquila cared about family, he doubted very much that Gabriel was actively searching for him, especially if Rachias had gone out alone for that purpose.

sharksIs there a fireplace in here? He glanced around and had his question answered almost immediately. Adjacent to the kitchen was a modest living room with a worn couch, a sofa chair, and a bear-skin carpet lying in front of a stone fireplace. How kitsch.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread