there is black coal filling up our homes
Oh well. XD
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____She nodded, finding irony in his words. Corona could recall a few times herself when there had been a fire to warm her, but that had been in France. Before that, she had been young enough that getting warm meant finding someone who was much bigger and crawling beneath them and their selective warm spot. That was of course, before she discovered the wonders of things like blankets and quilts. She missed those memories and for the most part, had tried to let them go. They wouldn't happen again, not in a million years, she guessed. “It must have been nice,” she mused, wondering what kind of childhood he had been fortunate enough to have.

_____“I spent my childhood between parents and then I lived in France for a while. We had a huge fireplace made of some kind of smooth stone. Certainly beat nice cold days to curl up in front of it with a book, that's for sure.” A small, if not a bit sad smile graced her face for a moment before fading away. France had been wonderful as far as the culture and the beauty went, but the time there had been thorny and in their own right, chaotic. She and Conway had gone their separate ways there, as she had with a lot of things. But as always, things changed. They never stopped changing, this she knew all too well. Thunder sounded once again, this time giving the old windows a rattle in their frames, and she opted to change the subject.

_____“Do you read much?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread