there is black coal filling up our homes
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____“It was… different, to say the least. I didn't really spend too much time over there.” At first, France had been so incredibly odd that Corona didn't know what to think about it. But like everything else in her life, she had adjusted quickly. Then things had gone remarkably downhill. “Over there live in the cities, they use the human things much more than those here do. Currency, their weapons, whatever was left lying around. Very prideful sort of people,” and in a sense, very much like they were in the end. The log popped in the quiet that followed after her, not really sure what else there was to say about it.

_____Maybe someday she'd go back over there, but Corona wanted it to be a long time from then, not just a matter of weeks or months. Not until everything was just in the world again, however futile that attempt always seemed to be. “Some of my family is still over there, but most of it came back overseas after a while. I don't know if they're still around or not, since we're all so scattered.” Truly, she missed how close they all had been at some point, divided by the forest and the beach. That way she had always known where everyone was; it gave her comfort, gave her a reason to go and visit. “Sometimes it's kind of lonely when you don't have them to go and talk to.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread