A heavy horse and a tumbling sky
[html]
Sorry for the wait. / 438. 3 pts

Nier leaned against the railings of Darcy's stall, drinking in the sight of the sleeping foal, when the scent of wolf hit him. This was a new scent to him, someone he hadn't met yet, though he was sure he recognised something of the smell. He turned his brown tinted face to the wide stable doors and eyed up the approaching boy and horse, flaring his nostrils to get more of the boys smell.... Teme. It finally dawned on him that he had scented this boy on Temeraire, just faintly, so this must be his nephews newest friend, he could even smell the Stormbringers scent on this strange male. Nier let a polite smile touch on his muzzle, Hi. He offered as a response to the boys surprised greeting.

It seemed the boy knew whose stall it was that Nier was standing at as he gave an accurate description of Darcy; beautiful and well tempered. Nier grinned at that, always glad when people appreciate things of his that he was proud of. He nodded as the boy disappeared into a stall with what he assumed was his own horse. Yeah, Darcy's mine. Got him on the same trip that got us Temeraires filly. He nodded his muzzle at his little colt, Saul gave Darce to me as a gift. I couldn't be happier to have him, handsome little devil, and as ya say, one the most well tempered horses I've ever met. It seemed Darcy had heard voices and woken up, his long legs unfolding as he heaved his piebald body off of the floor. He shoved his pristine white nose into Niernans hand, almost demanding some attention, making the wolf chuckle. he stroked the colts face lovingly, pulling a stunted apple from the pocket of his shorts and offering it to the foal. darcy whickered happily and gently took the apple from Niers hand, lipping his fingers in the process, his way of thanking his master.

Nier nodded at the large mare the boy was tending to, I take it she's yours then? admiring the horse with inexperienced eyes. He felt a little bit like an impostor in the stables, having never owned or been around horses much. Darcy was his first and he was glad that things were going so well with him, but he knew he would run into trouble eventually. He eyed the boy, he certainly seemed to know what he was doing around horses, and he already smelled like Vinatta, so Nier reckoned he could be trusted. I'm Niernan. Niernan Stormbringer, by the way. He said, his Irish tones adding a lilt to the words.

<style type="text/css">
.naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
.naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread