A heavy horse and a tumbling sky
[html]

He smiled as he worked, brushing down Jerri's coat expertly and making sure no real dirt remained. The horse, meanwhile, ignored him and munched away at some hay. You're lucky to have him. You'll have a good partner in him, someday. He grinned over to the man as he set the brush aside, stepping out of the stall and closing it behind him. Jericho lifted her head and snorted slightly, bumping her head into Ink's shoulder, demanding attention now that he'd stopped. He laughed and hugged her face to his chest, growling playfully at her. She didn't seem to mind, whickering in response calmly and patiently.

At the stating that she was his, he nodded, looking over and letting go of his mare's face. Yup. Inherited her from my father. She's been with me since the day I was born. He leaned back against the stall's gate and allowed the mare to rest her head on his shoulder. She was my only family for a while, before I joined Vinatta. The boy already looked to his pack as family, despite barely knowing most of the members.

The Irish man introduced himself as Niernan Stormbringer. Ink stepped forward to offer his hand in shake. I'm Ink Trovato. It's good to meet you, Niernan. He'd wait a moment to let his packmate have a chance to shake, then turned back to Jerri's stall, calling her to him with a click and reaching up to remove her reigns. I'm glad Saul let me join Vinatta, actually. Jericho loves having a proper stable to sleep in- I haven't seen her this happy and healthy since my early puphood. The caravan stopped for a while in Montreal when I was born and she stayed in a rented stable there- I'm glad she's comfortable again.

Word Count → 301

x: I admit. I procrastinated.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread