A heavy horse and a tumbling sky
[html]

The foal hadn't been let out in two days? Ink resisted the frown that pricked at the corners of his mouth. Nier was quick to admit his mistake in such a thing and Ink's smile returned. The Trovato could understand that- it was why he'd been the stable boy in the caravan. Youngin's watched and cared for the horses, to learn responsibility over anything else. He'd been the only one during his time there, which meant the entire herd was his responsibility. The adults helped, but he did most of the work- just like Niernan, they didn't have the time to help him any more than that. He didn't mind. He loved horses.

I could start taking him out with Jerri, if you want. It'd be good excersize for him and Jerri's a pretty good influence on the youngin's these days. He'd grin stupidly, tongue sticking out, until Nier's question came. For a moment, he paused to think about it, looking the little draft horse over carefully. Shouldn't be too hard- the colt's age was about right for getting him used to a halter and blanket, at least.

Not much you can do at this point, other than getting him used to the tack you'll be using. I'm happy to help, though. Won't be much longer before you'll be teaching him to ride, anyway. He smiled to the other Vinattan, happy to help. Why don't we take him for a walk, and I can walk you through the training steps?

Word Count → 252

I actually have no personal idea of when to start training horses. XD I should probably check up on that.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread