Just Checking Up
[html]
_EPIC_FAIL_ Sad Words-400

The change in color just on the lower fringes of his vision had been gradual. Being reminded of it again was enough for him to take notice but he had come to see it as normal. Well, perhaps not normal, but it didn’t attract his attention as it seemed to do for most others who had known him. If he were to see his reflection it would still be a stranger staring back at him though. Since Jaden was Six months old his fur had never been white. His dad called it a weakness in the Alaskan’s appearance, something that would hinder his job of staying hidden until the first hit of his weapons was felt. That didn’t matter now as a leader of a thus-far-peaceful pack. Neither red of blood nor black to hide him would taint his fur. It represented a change that he encouraged. He had nothing to hide and no one to hide from, only a pack to represent.

Rio’s eager steps to analyze him put a slightly awkward smile about the Issum’s face. He chuckled a little and tried to follow her with his eyes while not moving his body too much under her scrutiny. The male ran his hands over his white chest as if to smooth out the fur or clean it in some way. I have let it grow out in my travels… you like it? He asked, a little unsure of what he saw in her lavender eyes. Jaden liked Rio quite a bit. Her telling him he looked bad would do a considerable amount to convince him color was needed again on the white.

Jaden found a bit of comfort in the fact that Rio was not alone. He was a bit afraid for her and why he didn’t know. She’d lasted this long. Apparently she was doing something right. But hearing that she had chosen to join Miracles wasn’t as good of news. But he smiled anyway and didn’t show his disappointment. They have a good alpha. You should be safe there. It was all he could really offer after almost losing his life to the man. and I’m glad to hear you found companions to stay with. Anyone I know? It was a shameless prod to make sure she wasn’t befriending anyone he knew to be dangerous or unstable. More worry. But he smiled and tried not to show the intention.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 b {font-weight:bold; color:#348781; }
.jaden-lake74 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0; margin:0px;}
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.jaden-lake74 .text {border-top:3px solid #000000;}
.jaden-lake74 .pad {padding:15px}
.jaden-lake74 .ooc {font-style:italic;border-bottom:3px solid #000;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread