infinite shapes of the delightful human tadpole
[html]

Word Count → 795 :: Out of Character text

Willam had grown up learning to speak the praises the others while downplaying her own. A humble heart was a cherished thing. Willam had certainly excelled at that point. She was over critical of herself ad would never list all of her abilities as skills that she possessed unless she could perform them with a hundred percent accuracy rate. Because of that fishing wasn't something that she would say that she was able to do since she wasn't able to secure a fish each and every time that she tried for one. But the same could be said for hunting, the one skill she would claim. She might not catch she she tried for each and every time but she refused to give up and come back empty handed. it would have been the same with the fish. If Willam hadn't had the help of the female pup then she would have still been in the water and attempting to secure them on her own well throughout the day and on into the night most likely.

"She had only happened across me when I was in the middle of fishing and was curious about it so I only told her of how I did things." But still she had enjoyed the company of the young girl. It had been especially enjoyable to see how proud the pup had been when she had managed to catch her first fish and keep it from getting away from her. It had made Willam feel good to know that Azucena had been able to do it on her own. She was glad that the task she had proposed to Azucena hadn't been too difficult for her to manage. She was prouder still that the girl had been able to secure enough food to feed her family with. That was one skill that would be needed above others. To be able to feed yourself meant you could survive from day to day.

Willam smiled softly as the boy spoke up and watched the children for a moment, at least until Helotes was speaking to her again. "I wouldn't mind it so long as it was something that Azucena would wish to do." She wasn't about to force the child to do something that she had no desire to learn. While Willam was strict with herself she couldn't be the same way with others. She was more forgiving over something that someone else did even if she would refuse to forgive herself for making the exact same mistake. So just so long as the pup was eager and willing to learn then Willam would pass on whatever knowledge that she possessed. Oh, and so long as it was okay with Helotes as well since she would not dare think that she could take over for him and his job as a parent.

Willam quickly ducked her head as she was being praised once again. Certainly she couldn't be the best. There had to be someone else that could do a better job than she could. There had to be someone more knowledgable. Willam had even opened her mouth to say as much when the sudden hand on her shoulder had her stopping. He was right, her first instinct was to deny dinner. She even had a ready made excuse of having caught nothing for herself but that was canceled out when he said that he already had food readily available. "I am sorry about your mate. I'm certain that she is still watching over them, and you as well." It was Willam's assumption that the mother had passed on and that was the reason that she could no longer be present in their lives. Willam simply could not imagine just getting up and walking out on your family.

Willam glanced up at Helotes before quickly turning her head to stare down to where the water met the shore. "You don't..." She started but cut herself off. A hand reached up to wrap her fingers around the crucifix that she always wore. Just the simple action showed there was unease in her mind and heart, that some sort of internal conflict was going on. "If you are certain that it would make you happy and that your children wouldn't mind then I will." She finally gave in and accepted the offer. It had been him saying that it would make him happy that had made her even consider it. It spoke to her and her desire to never disappoint if she could help it. But still she had to have the consent of all the involved parties first. If the children didn't want her presence then she would have to deny since she couldn't force herself on them.

<style>
.wings1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... cwt0t4.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:96px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.wings1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.wings1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.wings1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.wings1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.wings1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.wings1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread