Bonded
[html]

I was wondering if, at the conclusion of this or whatever works best, Levent could get a minor-ish injury? >:3 He needs Hotaru and Wilson to band together to yell at him and that's a good reason. x3

While it was an effort to sustain his poker face, his sudden appearance did not seem to have ruffled the blonde dog at all. Her brown eyes roamed over him, scrutinizing him, and his shoulders hitched up before he rolled them back, pretending it was only to stretch. The transition was smooth enough to fool most, but he didn’t know what she was looking for or what she would miss. He might have asked her, but his tongue was like lead in his mouth.

Luckily, Amy spoke first. She noted his change, which probably shouldn’t have surprised him. The Levent she’d met in Europe would have thrown himself at her, sly and teasing and not tongue-tied like he was now. He would have wanted something of her, and he would have worked to get it, no matter how long it took. Right now, he found that there wasn’t really anything he wanted, other than an explanation that he dreaded.

Her remark on Cercatori d’Arte made him blink, and suddenly he transformed. Teeth flashed, but it was in a broad and confident smile, and his posture changed once again to something casual and open like he should have approached her. It was a startling transformation, one that was completed by a sparkle in his pale blue eyes and his accent rolling smoothly off his Turkish tongue.

“I would think that a pack dealing in trade is very suitable to my talents, bayan. I have already proven myself as a merchant, and I only expect to climb the ranks faster now.” His ears fell back a notch, almost submissive, as he angled his head at her and smiled. “Unlike you, my elusive mistress, I can’t as easily survive as a loner with so many goods; I don’t have a cart and a slave to guard it. Now I have a residence and protection and food.”

He shrugged his scrawny shoulders. “I feed off people, and this is the best way to do it—although it seems you’ve come dangerously close to picking off some of my pack’s people, Amy.”

<style type="text/css">
.levmon .space {width:300px; height:565px; float:right;}
.levmon b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6f7f7; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon w {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.levmon p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.levmon p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.levmon .wc {font-weight:bold; color:#860000;}
.levmon p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levmon {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:718px; background-color:#080000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HPi2X.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#554747; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; min-height:665px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread