Sharp Tempers
((232))

Taking the blows wasn't even a difficult task after he'd pulled himself from the fighting. He'd defend himself only as far as to not receive too serious of injuries, but he didn't care to push or retrain the other. The mind of the cockney canine had shut itself down, forcing him to calm down, after he'd realized what he was doing. If the quarrel had taken place in the past, back in the East End of London, the result may have been different...

Harvey Butler would have fought to the death, just to keep his honour and inflated ego.

But it wasn't called for. There was a simple solution, and if Harv was going to change for the better, he had to stop making everything so difficult for himself. Life had been hard enough, and the result of thoughtless decision making had already taken it's toll on the red merle male.

I'm sorry, okay? He muttered again, raising his hands. I'll go, ya don't 'ave t' tell me again...

It's not runnin'... right? I'm no coward... An' cowards run...

He sighed heavily, body sore and bloodied. Flopped ears were back against his messy crimson locks, showing the wear put on the aussie dog. It had to be logical to quit... He was tired, beaten, and just not in the right emotional mindset to continue any longer.

Nah... I'm jus' keepin' meself alive.

Messages In This Thread