there's a hole in the earth somewhere
[html]

(513)
I'm down for playing them traveling until we get out of approved territory! :o

Strict instructions had been given to both Draugr and the slave, who had (unsurprisingly) been furious at his predicament. Siv was a careful woman, though, and played her cards right. With the girl she had leverage, and Gale was wise enough not to risk his daughter. That did, however, mean she was now taking the girl with her to Freetown. It was the only way to ensure that neither the big man nor the child found each other and stole off into the night. Besides, it would further allow her to scare the girl into submission—who wouldn’t quake when confronted by other slaves and traders of a much fiercer sort?

So her goods had been packed and hoisted onto Hildr, who was eager to move. This was not much, but her work was of high quality and she hoped it might bring something of value in. Another animal, perhaps, or exotic hides. She would look for Salvia, no doubt, and try and impress the new Cicerone with her generosity. It had worked with Eris, and while Salvia was hardly her mother, she was still culturally similar to those who valued goods.

The girl, who was still very much a child, was remarkably nervous around her. Siv had eased her as best she could but otherwise been stern, seeking to force her impression on the child young. Trell, she called her, and sought to educate the golden child that she was meant and made to serve. Both were on horseback, with one of Siv’s hands wrapped firmly around the girl’s waist. Given her inability to shift the puppy looked frightened and awkward before the tall woman.

They arrived last, and Siv dismounted quickly. Yvette was held in her arms and, thankfully, deathly silent. “I apologize for the wait,” she said to Salvia, and dipped her head in greeting. The blonde woman appraised the child icily, but before she could speak, Siv went on. “This is the girl I mentioned to you before; I will be responsible for her, though I ask that she ride in the cart. She will not,” her voice turned harsh, and the puppy trembled in her arms. “Touch anything.”

Salvia flicked one ear dismissively and the dark woman took this as approval. She hoisted the girl up near Pandemic and spoke to her quietly. “You are to listen and not cause trouble. If you try and jump from here they will catch you,” and certainly, the menacing form of TaeKyung and the massive Pandemic were more than enough to frighten the girl. She whimpered and slunk into the back of the cart, curling up on a pile of hides. Siv allowed this with a short nod of the head—they were her tans, after all.

She returned to Hildr and remounted, then fell next to Isabella but between her and the cart, keeping her eyes and ears pricked for the small child that was, for this trip, to be her responsibility. Siv would not allow anything to happen to her, but needed to enforce the fear none the less.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread