there's a hole in the earth somewhere
[html]
I apologize >n< I hope I haven’t slowed progress for this thread! In the future you can skip over me if I take too long, but I will respond as much as I can; this is my priority thread since it’s a themed thread…OnO
WC: 389

The black fae observed only briefly the other Salsolans that arrived. Her exotic features seemed unphased, showing nothing, not even recognition or awknowledgement. She would lower her eyes as soon as she took note of their appearance. Her attention was fixed from then on upon the sheep. Her master had charged her with the watching of the prey beasts. Occasionally, a low growl, practically imperceptible, rumbpled as her feral soul was impeded. She was not able to slaughter these creatures. They’re blood and flesh was made to feed the creatures of fang and claw, and yet she was unable to do so. Lunar orbs flickered, but she was quiet. Sinew rippled beneath the hybrid’s coat as she moved about the flock, keeping them from straying. The prey beasts felt no comfort. They felt fear, and their fear shone in their eyes and stank in the air. The Slave of the Flame carried out the orders of her Master, but she did not provide any false comfort for her wards. Should the Korean receive permission, the prey beasts would fall beneath the tooth and claw of the wolf.

At length, all travelers had gathered and her master spoke. The Korean listened, catching the underlying meaning, but not able to fully comprehend the foreign, English words. Since her capture, the progress of her learning of the English language had stalled. But it was enough to allow her to function at least adequately beneath her master’s reign. White obs lifted, falling briefly upon her master, who had risen recently to alpha position. Salvia’s rise to power had been a rise to power for herself as well. Other slaves were more legitimately beneath her, and her aggression toward other slaves had not lessened. The tenebrous slave’s gaze turned toward the lupine creature in the cart. Something malicious flickered within those fathomless eyes before she turned away once more.

Her master mentioned the sparing of victims. This displeased the fighter, but she was silent and did not object. It was never a slave’s place to do such a thing. As they departed, the Korean hybrid continued to watch the flock, her gaze following lastly upon Pandemic, Salvia’s brother whom she had seen very little of until recently. And then she turned to do her job. For that would be her purpose upon the trip.

<style>
.ykt-simplestuff {margin:0px auto;width:425px;border:1px solid white;-moz-border-radius:10px;-webkit-border-radius:10px;border-radius:10px;background-color:#000000;font-family:Verdana;font-size:9px;color:#f1f1f1;padding:5px;text-align:justify;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;}
.ykt-simplestuff b {color:#777777;}
.ykt-simplestuff p {text-indent:25px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread