we'll save this earth, but into jars
[html]

Vesper had always teetered awkwardly between aloof and open, and although she didn’t want her first impression to be that of a harsh leader or cold-blooded fighter, she wanted to be taken seriously. Her interaction with the Tirones embarrassed her slightly as a result, but she wouldn’t show it. Anyone who knew her well could see through her hardass front, but until someone knew her well, she would rather them tread carefully instead of assume she was as tolerant and soft as she sometimes acted.

The white hybrid explained his intentions with the posts, and Vesper tilted her head back to glance at them dubiously. She stifled a dry remark on the hopeless state of the mansion, knowing that she should be proud others wanted to fix it up, regardless of where they actually lived. This was progress, and she wasn’t going to stop it if it meant making Inferni a bit safer for everyone.

Before she could ask for details as to how to replace the pillars, Max fixed a snaggle-toothed smile on Asher, who seemed momentarily pleased to be the center of attention, and asked about him. Smirking, the woman folded her arms and regarded the tricolor mutt. “A little lost puppy that followed me home one day,” she decided, and if the statement offended Asher he showed no sign of it. Instead, he smiled good-naturedly and extended a hand for Max to shake.

“I’m Asher Thompson,” the collie said warmly. “A scout—well, Tirones. I’m new here; Vesper and Helotes saved me from some horse-poachers.”

The Centurion snorted, although she was glad Asher hadn’t added that he’d saved her from a poacher first. She looked down at her folded arms, her pale claws tracing her scars, then back at the two dog hybrids. It was funny how similar they looked, even if their pelts and breeds were starkly different—one a great white beast, the other a tricolor herder. She amused herself by noting the traces of coyote in their features, especially the bright, feral gold eyes.

“We’d be glad to help you with the pillars,” Asher went on, his tail wagging.

<style>.vesphoe {margin:0px auto; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.vesphoe b {font-family:times, serif; font-size:15px;}
.vesphoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.vesphoe p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesphoe p.ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.vesphoe .separator {text-align:center; margin:10px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eiZU2.png); height:300px; border:#000 1px solid;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread