we'll save this earth, but into jars
[html]

It amused her how goddamn eager to please Asher was, how he lit up every time someone showed the faintest hint of approval. She was sure there was a less than amusing reason behind it, but for now, she appreciated the coydog’s bold friendliness. It made her job easier, anyway; she didn’t have to babysit him and keep him out of trouble if he was buddy-buddy with the entire clan.

Her smile vanished at mention of the poachers, and her eyes grew cold. “It would probably help to send semi-regular patrols that way. But I guarantee that particular group would be coming back.” There was a small chance that the she-wolf might return—but with what Ves had threatened to do to her if she came back, she doubted it.

Vesper frowned as the collie volunteered them for the job. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to help—but rather that she doubted she could do a good job with the construction. Camouflaging the archery stands had been another matter entirely, as it was a task as easily executed as learned; she only needed some dexterity with her fingers and the ability to climb to make it work. Whatever else these wooden pillars were, however, they were sturdy—and her skinny, wiry body was not meant for heavy lifting. She nodded at Max’s explanation, though, wondering how she could help specifically.

“I’d be glad to help you move ’em, and our Centurion can maybe hammer?” Asher asked, shooting a grin at her that made it impossible for her to stay frustrated. She gave him a light cuff to the shoulder regardless.

“You’ll have to instruct me as if I’m a six-month-old,” Vesper warned Max, not having any misconceptions about her skill level in this, “but I’ll try not to take off a finger.”

303 Asher-basher shall make it his duty to find this out about all 'ferni-guys. *grin*

<style>.vesphoe {margin:0px auto; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.vesphoe b {font-family:times, serif; font-size:15px;}
.vesphoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.vesphoe p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesphoe p.ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.vesphoe .separator {text-align:center; margin:10px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eiZU2.png); height:300px; border:#000 1px solid;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread