taxidermied terrors
[html]

Bahh, this post is late and weird.

Word Count → 300

There was silence for a moment as the skinny girl’s hazel eyes regarded him, and Skoll hackled under her stare. He wasn’t sure why it made him feel so uncomfortable; she was probably only sizing him up like he’d done to her. At the same time, there was nothing evident in her expression as to suggest what she found; her face seemed dead. No wolf should look like that, without a sparkle in their eyes, a furrow of their brow, even a smirk that might hint at what she was thinking. He was a vibrant, lively thing by contrast, and the juxtaposition only made him more uncomfortable.

But damned if he was going to let her know that. He sucked in some air and kept his posture consistent if not as confidently as he usually held himself; the Courtier was right next to her territory, after all, and he didn’t want her to think that he was trying to lay claim to his place there. He started to clear his throat, to prompt an answer, but after taking a puff on the weird pipe she sighed. His ears flicked backward at the sound then inched forward again, eager for an answer.

The prince averted his green eyes as she lazily tossed the question back at him. No, I don’t know, he admitted with some difficultly. I haven’t really been up this far north before, so I don’t know the lay of the land that well; I live in one of the southern packs. He resisted the urge to bite his lip, and he found his gaze drawn to the pipe again. And while we’re talking about things I don’t know, I don’t know what that is either, he said with a cautious side-to-side sweep of his yellow tail behind him.

<style>
.bulscroll .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.bulscroll p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.bulscroll b {color:#4e4c18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.bulscroll {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9maAG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#222; border:#000 1px solid; letter-spacing:.4px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.bulscroll .inner {margin:5px 4px 3px 85px; padding:10px; height:470px; overflow:auto;}
.bulscroll .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #4e4c18; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
.bulscroll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.bulscroll b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
.bulscroll b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread