Things do not change; we change
[html]

(377)

Myrika is by me!

Blue-green eyes appraised the stranger with mild scrutiny. Myrika was not in the habit of sizing up those accepted to Inferni with extreme prejudice, and she did not do so here, either. But she saw -- though did not understand -- signs of the woman's faith. There was the scarred leg and the strange thing wrapped around the opposing leg. Beyond that, she was a larger coyote. Though the newcomer was perhaps not so tall as Myrika, the thickness of build and musculature suggested the pacer was accustomed to hard work.

The woman spoke her state of wellness and introduced herself. Myrika slid out from the door and let it shut behind her, taking a few steps toward the woman. She was preparing to introduce herself in kind and inform Willam that she had an audience with the leadership, when the coyote continued. Rather like Ithiel, she wished to swear fealty -- and unlike Ithiel, Myrika was at least prepared for, and perhaps even partially expecting, this declaration of faith. What she was not prepared for was the further offering Willam gave -- one that made Myri's insides feel like they were shriveling up and going dry. Her tongue rather felt the same, too, but she managed a smile all the same, and only hoped it was free of the anxiety and vague repulsion she felt.

You can promise whatever you'd like to me, she started, her voice more gentle than it should have been. I'm Myrika Tears, the Aquila. She paused, not really certain how to continue, but knowing she must. It was not the first time leadership had made her confront things she'd rather avoid. The tawny coyote wondered if Ezekiel had ever had to deal with the number of babies or would-be babies that she had encountered in the last month. Inferni asks a lot from its coyotes, but... our bodies, at least in that way, are our own. I can't tell you who to make your mate or who to bear children for, she said. I don't think you'd even have to ask about that, but if you find someone and it'd make you happy to have my approval, I'd grant it.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread