Things do not change; we change
[html]

(466) Can always do a future training thread with Ithiel. o: Maybe once polish off the current birdie/prompt thread?

Myrika is by me!

Myrika had heard "weapons" and her mind automatically associated it with "warrior." It had never occurred to her that one might grow proficient with the weapons of the world purely in order to hunt creatures of it more effectively. Her surprise showed, but there was a grin on her muzzle, too. She shook her head. It's okay, I believe you. If you want to fight, you can fight -- Inferni always needs warriors, you see -- but if you'd prefer to hunt, that's fine by me. But maybe the warriors can teach you new weapons to use for hunting, too, she said.

Her coyote ears went half-mast with the story of Willam's homeland, and she frowned. I'm sorry, she said, earnestly. No one deserves a burning, least of all those who practice kindly spirituality. Myrika herself could not settle on how she felt about god and all that went along with spirituality. The redhead dismissed rituals and polytheism, attributing a spirit to each and every living thing and force of nature, as mythology -- she certainly could not fall prey to this. It was easy to see many of the human beliefs as mythology, too. Despite how she felt, however, she'd engaged Ithiel enough times regarding his belief to know better than to state her own disbelief or skepticism. It was just rude, after all, and she only did so with Ithiel to probe her cousin's mind and provoke some higher thought where she suspected there was none. Willam, thus far, had showed similarities to her cousin, but not knowing her well, Myri could hardly judge.

The woman spoke, and surprise must have shown again on Myrika's face, for the silvery coyote winced herself and became contrite -- extremely so, for she was on her knees and begging penance, offering a flogger, and altogether becoming intensely remorseful. Oh! Myrika said, surprised. Her ears flared upright with it, and she smiled shakily. No, it's okay, she said quickly. I don't punish people for their mouths. Well, I mean. Nobody's ever given me reason to before, and certainly not you. It's good to speak your mind to a leader, she said, putting a hand on Willam's arm in attempt to make her rise. Speaking truly to a leader keeps us on our toes, I think. There was a grin on her face, but it tempered a little as she spoke more seriously. Everyone deserves to be thanked for what they do, even if it's what they're supposed to do. If it's okay with you, I'd keep thanking you. Myrika wouldn't force a thanks on Willam if it truly discomforted her, but neither could she see herself breaking this habit without extremes of effort.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread