Things do not change; we change
[html]

(321) No worries, I gotcha. ;D I figured, and thought it'd be good since Ithiel wanted a demonstration anyway, and he would be interested in weapons!

Although the woman's words almost made Myrika miss a beat, she was able to solemnly nod and smile kindly, an offering of further condolences to the silvery woman. But she pondered the statement, all the same -- if it was torment to be within this world, why remain at all? Was Willam destined to try suicide, then? She worried over this vague possibility, though she thought it unlikely -- most of the religions she knew of considered suicide a sin, or at least a great tragedy. She did not, of course, understand the part played in the cleansing by fire, and therefore overthought this small statement a great deal thereafter. It was something to ruminate on, a challenge to her generally accepted philosophy: life was all they ever got, so enjoy it.

The redhead's smile was a little more troubled, for more worrying than the woman's spirituality was her immediate insistence for punishment -- severe punishment, at that -- for so minor an offense. The tawny-hued canine was glad to see the woman smile, and ran a hand through her hair, considering. Finally, her smile broadened, and she shook her head. I'll have to chide him for not telling you Inferni's a pretty laid back place, but otherwise, no, she said. I don't ask for all kinds of simpering and groveling, and you should feel free to speak how you feel around me. It's probably not a good idea to go and denounce me in front of the clan, I mean, but if we're alone like this, you can say what's on your mind. She knew it was probably more complex than that, but she preferred to generally allow a freedom of speech for her canines. The thought of restricting a coyote's very words struck her as totalitarian and extreme -- and that was not the sort of leader she had any intention of being.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread