[m] i hope i don't upset the light you defend
[html]

PP of them walking and everything else, lemme know if I need to change it. :B
Also you get my 700th Vesper post! 8D +600

Vesper had only a base understanding of love, and she had regarded it as something nigh untouchable for so long. In her mind, it was a word not to be used frivolously, and she’d never truly thought of herself loving anyone. Even her family—her mother and sister—had been regarded with instinctual affection and provided for, but she didn’t think she loved either of them (or at least not quite yet, as was the case with Sparrow and their awkward, healing relationship). She had not come close to loving anyone but Juniper, but in hindsight that had been all hormones and exploration and the fierce desire to protect, something that would elevate her as protector, rather than something equal and mutual. With how badly that had ended, Vesper was hesitant to say she loved Myrika, only because this was all new and frightening and she didn’t grasp the true meaning and scope of the word.

But right now, she didn’t need a name for it. She was content to hold the woman for as long as she could, and show her affection in all the ways she could. She smiled at the touch of her mangled ear and smiled a bit harder at the other’s squeak, although truthfully it took a lot of effort for Vesper to sound as confident as she did, with seasons of training to present herself without weakness. Even then, her tongue was sure to stumble, and she was quiet at the other’s praise, only nuzzling her and wagging her tail hard. She really would have to thank Asher and do something for the kid; maybe she’d return the favor someday and hook him up with someone.

Myrika said she’d go anywhere with her, and Vesper considered the words, wondering how honest they were and how much of them had come from the moment. Hating herself for being cynical and letting memory get in the way of the moment, she shook her head and responded, “And I you. But right now—just the meadow.” She grinned and grabbed the woman’s hand, clutching it perhaps a little tight since she could not clutch all of her at once. With gentle, playful tugs she began to lead the woman away from the schoolhouse and the other human buildings, her eyes flicking skyward to see the streak of the Milky Way across the darkness.

“It’s okay,” Vesper told Myri earnestly, giving her hand another little squeeze. “I mean—you’ve always been smarter and better at words, and—well, nothing I can say would work, either.” She shook her had to show what she thought of words, anyway, and soon enough they were standing in the grass. Ves peered into the darkness, her ear strained forward, and decided no one else was around for a show.

She turned around again, delaying pouncing on the lovely Aquila again, instead reaching for her other hand. Her ear fell back against her messy hair, her eyes locking on the horse carving again. “I wanted to talk to you about something else,” she said. “About the—the horses.” She concentrated hard on the wooden creature before finally looking up into Myrika’s red-splashed face. “I want to learn how to see them as you do. I want to understand and…learn how to take care of them, and deal with them. My attitude about the whole thing has always been wrong, and… I want to progress.” It took a lot for the prideful woman to admit her mistake, but this was the only soul she’d admit such mistakes—those of her viewpoint and opinion—to.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {color:#6d758f;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread