I will make sure to keep my distance
[html]

:3

art by crypsis

The coydog was so lost in thought that he hadn’t even noticed the woman’s approach until she had called out to him. Max’s ears went up high, and his tail flagged—though this settled back into a relaxed position not long after, when her scent washed over him. Though still fresh on her pelt, the scent of Inferni confirmed she was a part of his world. This alone allowed him to accept her, for Max was without the sharp memory of betrayal. That position belonged to Ezekiel solely now, and the recollection of another, darker man had all but faded.

He took her in at a glance, finding her pelt unique and admiring it, and further noting that she was close to his own age. This pleased him greatly, for Max had been without many of equal comparison and was eager to make friends. Most of the clan was either too old, too busy, or too boring to keep him interested. A friendly smile, therefore, split his face into something boyish. At least, it might have been if not for the half-mad gleam in his eyes (inherited from his father’s bloodline) or the scar on his head. He certainly looked like someone who went looking for trouble and enjoyed taking it by the tail.

“Max,” he introduced himself. “And sure, yeah. I’m on my way to the hot springs.” He had stopped to examine her both with his eyes and his nose, and having gotten through this feral greeting, picked his trail up almost without pause. “You’re new here,” he said bluntly, and was fairly certain that was an obvious way to go.

<style>
#maxpose {
font-family:'georgia', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#maxpose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#maxpose p.maxImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#maxpose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#maxpose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#maxpose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#maxpose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#maxpose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread