I will make sure to keep my distance
[html]

This works. :3 I think between the two of them they could drive it off and maybe follow it until it collapses?

art by crypsis

When he had been a puppy, a lynx had tried to eat Max and his siblings. Their mother was lucky and, being close, managed to chase off and kill the animal. Such savagery was therefore natural to him—as was the healthy respect and understanding of his place on the food chain. Only the strong survived; and now here he was confronted with not only a challenge but an instinctive age-old enemy. Thus the instinct and the true-memory of such a predator spurred his body into motion long before the woman’s voice called his name.

Max froze and went stiff-legged, ears pricked and teeth bared. His vision came into focus and with it the swish-flick of grass that signaled the predator. It was behind him and so the young warrior turned and charged at the tawny cat.

It heard him coming and wheeled, screeching, and in a burst of braying barks and gnashing teeth. He fought with the spitz-dog slash and retreat and fought with a recklessness that showed. The cat’s claws cut across his shoulder, deep enough to draw blood, and he yelped in sheer indignation. It wasn’t long before the cat’s answering wail of pain echoed in a scream as Max tore at the cat’s shoulder deep enough to see bone.

<style>
#maxpose {
font-family:'georgia', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#maxpose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#maxpose p.maxImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#maxpose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#maxpose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#maxpose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#maxpose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#maxpose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread