every step that you take is a gamble with death
[html]

+386

The collie hybrid rushed at her, and Vesper spun away, dealing him a shove with her hind paw as he careened past and spilled into the high grass of the moor. She pivoted, her dark-tipped tail held smugly out behind her as her newest student pushed himself onto all fours, shaking his tricolor coat. He narrowed his eyes at her, as if were somehow her fault he’d lost balance.

“Why do I have to learn to fight in lupus?” Asher asked, one of his ears flapping as he shook his head again. “You saw what I did to that poacher—”

The scarred coyote snorted. “You were fighting that poacher like a cat—all wild flailing and a hell of a lot of noise.” She flicked her tail dismissively. “Besides, you’re a master at archery,” she said, copying his speech patterns briefly, “and I’m a master at this. So we’re teaching each other, and you’ll have a chance to school me later. Now, pick yourself up.” She pricked her ear, waiting for him to do so, and immediately darted for him. Clumsily and loudly, he yelped and scrambled away, displaying gaping jaws. Her teeth clicked painfully against his, and she drove another snap at his face, which he intercepted. She bounded away again, keeping one eye on him at all times, as he recovered.

“Hey—look, a horse!” Asher barked, and she sneered before realizing he’d completely dropped all pretenses of fighting. Seeing that he’d been an open book so far, she didn’t suspect a trap anymore and followed his amber gaze. A smoky black stallion walked at the edge of the meadow, accompanying a stocky luperci figure that the scarred she-yote recognized. She frowned, briefly, but decided to push her misgivings and approach, beckoning for the coydog to follow.

The Centurion made sure that she was in plain sight as she approached woman and horse, not wanting to spook the beast. Her blue eyes flicked to the odd wooden poles strapped to the horse, but it didn’t look at all like the torture device around Willam’s leg. Curiosity piqued, she smiled and greeted Willam with a short yap. “What’re you doing there?” she asked, keeping her voice friendly rather than questioning. Presenting a warm demeanor was easier with the coydog beside her, grinning an overly-excited grin.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread