Falling from the sky
[html]

(630)Man, I feel like Lilin runs an inn sometimes. Welcome to the hotel calif- I mean, Vinatta! You can check out anytime you like... but you can never leave! >Smile

The male's matriarch and two more had been left behind in the town of Berwick. The rest of the information provided was absorbed in relative silence, a time she spent wondering if their two families shared similarities, and if they would get along as easily and she was getting along with her guests. The Stormbringers were hard-working, life-loving, light-hearted people; loving them was almost too easy. Her kin gave her the confidence and the willpower to achieve higher goals and she knew they would do the same for Oak and Cassia. Winter was coming and they could all benefit from each other's support in the coming months. They needed to stock up on food and pelts. A lot of houses in Jordheim also needed some sprucing up, especially Colibri's who had laid claim to the shabbiest looking dome of them all.

''You're welcome,'' she replied softly, returning both of their smiles with equal delight. Their lighthearted chatter continued for a little while - the Virding would occasionally stop and point in various directions. She identified the stables and the vineyards from afar, informing them of the newly arrived foals from Casa di Cavalieri. And when came the time to designate the sacred grove to the east, she took a moment to explain who and what they would find there. ''Over there is the Sacred Grove. It is maintained by Miskunn and I. Miskunn is my cousin and the pack's priestess, our Godja,'' she explained, placing a stong emphasis on the norse title's pronunciation. ''It is a place of prayer and worship- many of us go there to seek guidance from the Gods.''

Her energy had dwindled down greatly by the time they found the clearing leading to their village of residence, nestled in the valley. No complaints were made and she did her very best not to display any discomfort. For a moment, she was reminded why Saul often reprimanded her for leaving the village. Her pace had diminished and she'd lost her initial gait, but she would still make it to destination. They were almost there. ''This is Jordheim,'' she informed them with a relieved smile, knowing she would soon be able to rest. Mediterranean blue irises strayed from the village ahead, hoping to catch a glimpse of the duo's reaction once they saw the peculiar earthen houses Vinattans lived in.

Lilin led her guests straight to the house used for storage, where she gifted them with a tanned hide and a frithr necklace each. Normally, other trinkets accompanied the welcome packs such as hunting knives and daggers, but she knew they had their own weapons to hunt with. ''The frithr necklaces are a Vinattan custom. Saul, my mate and co-leader - he makes them. Oak, this carved hammer - It's Mjölnir. Do you remember Thor's hammer?'' she asked expectantly, wondering if he remembered what she'd taught him.

''These hides should keep you warm on colder nights - tanned them myself.'' While the rest of the pack was off building the village hall and doing heavy lifting, she tanned pelts. At least she was getting better at it. ''And this,'' she started, handing the duo a bottle of red wine with a mischievous grin. ''Is because we like to drink a whole lot. You best hide it from my cousin Bran.'' Perhaps alcohol was just what they needed; that's what had given both her and Saul enough courage to act on their feelings. Judging from the closeness they shared, Lilin liked to assume Oak and Cassia were a couple in the making. ''Saul and I have the house way up north if you need anything. Why don't you guys go and get settled in? I'll give you some privacy.''

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread