Rendezvous then I'm through with you
[html]
SO SORRRRRYYYY!!! I am a complete moron and you have permission to kick me as much as you like for being so late. So... to make up for it I give you looong post Smile / 790. 7 pts

Coli's soft voice wavered across the gap between them, curiosity evident in her tone. He smiled and shot a grin over his shoulder, Yeah, she keeps animals too. At the moment we have more than we can handle. He chuckled and shook his head, Nah, I'm joking, we can handle them. But it's a bit of a shock, going from living with one cat to two cats, two quoll pups and two pheasants. I can't take a step in the house without tripping over something.

He was surprisingly comfortable here, working in the warmth of the heavy bodies and hay that surrounded him. The rain pounded on the roof of the stables, as heavy as it was when he dashed into shelter, perhaps heavier. The dampness of his fur barely registered as he busied himself with settling the donkey and talking to Coli, his actions almost automatic. It seemed he had gotten used to being in the stables since Darcy had come into his life, maybe this had been helped a little by Ink. The white furred young male teaching him about his horse and how they should be cared for. The boy had been initially appalled at the 'lack of care' that the horses had been undergoing before he arrived, but now that he had educated Niernan the dark Stormbringer was making a more concerted effort to spend time with his foal.

Nier didn't even look up as Coli's words reached his ears again, her voice quieter than before, her shyness coming through as she revealed her lack of knowledge in animals. He could barely hear her voice over the thunder and the drumming of the rain, but he flicked his ears back and managed to get the gist of the question. Uh... He paused, flicking his eyes skyward for a moment, searching his mental vault of animals. From what I can remember they're in the same family, but they're separate. I think donkey's are like primal horses, like dogs are derived from wolves. He wasn't aware of how that phrasing might smack of wolf supremacy, as he was simply stating known fact from what he learned from scientific books. The animals long face was surprisingly smooth and he nosed against Nier's palm, looking for affection. The explosion of sound from Coli made the Stormbringer jump a little, her shocked and dismayed tones cutting through the hazy warmth building up in the stable. As he words settled into his mind he felt a devious grin spreading across his face, his reply given with a shrug as he walked over to Darcy's stall, his mischief filled blue eyes catching the older wolfs for a second. Well, like I said, he doesn't belong to anyone I know, so why shouldn't he belong to you?

He looked up form comforting his colt, his eyes softening now, Coli, it wouldn't hurt for you to keep the donkey. He'll be stronger'n any horse you could get your hands on. And if he followed you here then he's probably attached himself to you now. He was acutely aware that Coli was worried about her garden, but now that the donkey was in the stable the garden would be safe, and if someone, maybe Ink or himself could train the fella then they could keep him from eating everything in sight. As he fussed Darcy and the little colt pressed itself into his legs he watched Coli. She stepped hesitantly into the stall and he noticed the nervous energy that she exuded, but she couldn't help the little affectionate smile that touched her lips making him smile in return. His smile widened as the earthen hued wolfess spoke to Ciaran, the cat pausing in his washing to look up at Coli. Her words made the cat sit upright and puff out his chest, still a little ashamed of himself when he had been affected by the catnip. He bashfully stuttered his words, his High Speech in danger of slipping with his embarrassment, "That's alright Colibri." He returned to his washing almost immediately, trying to bury his shame, but in the moment that he paused his grey green eyes met her ocean blue. Nier couldn't help the giggles that bubbled out of his mouth, recalling the scene that had given him and Coli so much fun.

While he giggled he noticed that Coli offered her paw to the little horse, her eyes narrowed in suspicion, and her body tense. Despite the fact that Darcy could sense how tense the canine was he still snuffled his hairy nose at her palm. The soft leather of his snout dancing at her palm as he tried to make friends. Nier looked up at his friend, Coli, he really won't hurt you, you can relax.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread