To know every twig and pebble
[html]With each step the cinnamon huntress took she began to learn the contours of her pack's border. A smile flashed briefly across her face at the welcome return of such language to her personal vocabulary. Her pack, she had a pack to call home and no matter how much she tried to move on to other subjects her mind just lingered on it. It had not been that long ago that she had joined Crimson Dreams only to have it disband shortly afterwards. For even the brief time she had been a Dreamer she had loved that pack and now as a Vinattan she loved her new homeland all the more. A hand moved to examine the new necklace she wore, though she had tucked it beneath her blouse to keep it safe. The pendant was carved to resemble the mighty Mjolnir, hammer of Thor. She knew of the Norse gods vaguely from her studies but as her father had espoused no religion she had logged the information away in her memory for later use if necessary. Cassia had long wondered about religion, having often felt the absense of something in her life that could not be filled by companionship or some other earthly thing. She believed in many things which she could not see but had never ventured to seek answers about the gods. The mahogany maned huntress would have to make a point of asking Lilin about Thor, Odin, Loki and the other gods that her Norse packmates worshipped. Cassia knew not if she was even allowed to worship the gods, for she had no ties to Norse lands or heritage as far as she knew of. She had been raised among the British isles though the town historians had taught her that their way of life was borrowed from ancient Rome. Was such a wolfess allowed to worship the gods of Norsemen? She knew of many other gods from various religions across Europe; the knowledge gleaned from old human tomes provided by her former tutors. The huntress recalled having a certain fondness for Thor as a youngster, though it escaped her memory as to why. Again, more questions were piling up in her head to ask of the Soulstorm woman at another time.

The mocha-ticked girl had been so absorbed in her thoughts of the gods that she scarcely detected the approach of another individual before he called out to her and sidled up beside her. Tucking her frithr necklace back inside her blouse, beneath her breastplate, Cassia turned to look at the green eyed male with a friendly grin. "Thank you, sir, though I must confess, I'm just now learning where the borders lie, not truly patrolling them, but I am glad my exploring has proved doubly useful," she replied, her sweet voice ringing with sincerity. "My name is Cassia, by the way, Cassia Calidus. I just joined the other day with my best friend Oak," she introduced herself to the male. [/html]

Messages In This Thread