I am of the Great Spirit
Naw! Wink
[html]
[/html]When Saqui replied, this time with more Cherokee, Claudius felt himself panic for a second. It took him a few moments to realize that he knew what she had asked; he was just too worried to actually understand it. Unfortunately, he would have to respond in English, since his knowledge of the tribe’s language extended only to the most basic of greetings. He knew only what he’d heard the most often since he had never been able to learn how to speak Cherokee.

“I-I-I a-a-m d-oing… well, thuh-thank yuh-you,” he replied. “I wuh-will s-s-sit, thuh-thank you,” he replied, smiling. He would much rather stay outside than hide in the small hut. Although he knew it was a bit silly to think that the huts were too small, given that he lived in a cave, it felt different to him.

He picked a seat next to Saqui and then glanced over at the berries she had picked.

“Suh-snack?” he asked. “O-o-or a-are you making… some… thing?” He did his best to quell his stammer so that she wouldn’t have to work too hard just to understand his mundane questions.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread