Abandoned! [AW]
[html]

He did his best to pretend that the pup's words were all emotion, no truth behind the evil things she screamed. The girl was hurting. He'd felt a pain like that before, when his mother died. He hated her, hated everyone, for quite some time afterwards. Maybe that had been the reason he'd left. Maybe he'd made a mistake then, but this was his home now. Sura. Sura needed love, needed someone to depend on. She needed a real family and as he sang to her, as she calmed down and eventually went docile and quiet. He continued to sing softly to her until she turned to look at him, smiling and speaking of heaven. He frowned, but the look was sad and not angry as it had been before.

Slowly, carefully, he moved to sit up, still cradling the girl to his chest as he did so. He turned away from the house and with careful legs, stood with her in his arms, cradled like a newborn. Shhh, Sura. You're not ready for heaven yet, baby. He spoke, hushed. Slowly, carefully, he started back towards his own house with her. He held her so she couldn't continue her suffocation attempts, one hand placed on her shoulders in just the right way to keep her from pressing too hard against him now. You're safe now. You're not alone, baby. I'm here. I've got you, now.

Soft words of comfort were whispered to her, his head low to block her gaze from the world around, touch gentle but firm, reassuring. My name's Ink. I'll take care of you. You won't have to do anything bad, okay? You can be a part of my family now, if you want. We Trovatos take care of eachother and I won't let anybody hurt you ever again, okay? A promise he fully intended on keeping. You're okay, now. You can stay with me. I promise I'll love you and raise you well, okay? We can go exploring together and chase stuff together. I'll teach you to hunt and to fight and to read and write, okay? And how to ride a horse and I'll even get you your very own horse, okay? His words were a desperate attempt at changing her thought process, to turn her thoughts to the good things he was promising to her. Little Sura, can you be my baby sister now? I've always wanted a baby sister and I promise to be a good big brother, okay?

Word Count → 418

Ink's bein' all smart and holding her scruff to keep her from doing so. XD Also, as long as the pp's okay still, he's carrying her back to his house.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread