Abandoned! [AW]
So cute I could be sick = ]

[html]

Sura felt her body leave the ground but she didn't want to believe it was happening. Her nose began to pump in normal oxygen again and the fuzziness from asphyxiation had begun to dwindle, leaving only a feeling of comfort. She hadn't ever felt so helpless, so little, so futile. But as she felt her body manipulated like a puppet, she hardly cared. It felt warm and safe her and all the terrible things that lurked in her mind had been slowly swept away.

Why was she called a baby? She wasn't a baby, she was big! She was bigger than big! She was bad and terrible! One day she'd conquer the world! But, it was awfully comforting here. Her eyelids blinked by themselves and her mouth issued a yawn all on its own. Maybe she'd worry about such things later, this was nice. Her body felt lazy and she hardly wanted to move.

One eye blinked, and then the other, her irises unfocused as her ears swept in all there was to hear. She repeated back what she'd heard as a sort of confirmation to herself. Although she wanted to believe that these things were so sudden and unexpected they should come as a surprise to her, the emotion simply wouldn't come as laziness had enveloped her limbs and mind. She mumbled it all back aloud. "Ink Satan's familes. Not heavens. We does Trovatos . N' goes asplorins n' howses n' sisters n' bwodthers. Ink Satan, bwoder. ", her mind at half power parsed together most of what the man had said, taking his last name as his job, Sura's mistaken diety as his first name, his first name as his last name, and the rest for pretty much correct.

"Ink Satan's, my's browders. ", she repeated for emphasis and confirmation, as if trying to convince herself this was real. But like a person's who's driven nothing but junker vehicles all their life suddenly put behind the wheel of a brand new car, it didn't feel quite right.

"Can I has milks feed my dollies wocks go birds asplosion.... ", she began to say something but her voice drifted off as her brain powered down. Sura began to snore. The third one was so loud that she woke herself up, jolting awake and finding herself in the arms of a stranger. Her mouth opened to say something as she peered up at him. Her expression contorted to anger and held. And then to sadness and held. And then to confusion and held. When at last it seemed her chameleon expressions had completed, the efforts drained out of her face and she felt content. Her tail gave a thud at some fleeting thought.

"Mr. Satan Inks you my brwoder, let's go eats! N' den I wants shows you how make fwogs ASPWODES ! N' den, n' den, wills you tells me hows you gets be wuler of dwakness? Dids yew twicks sum'un ? Wif foods? I wewry hungwies, if I not eats for a weeks, wills my poops turns gweens? Dat be scawies, what if poop has gween poops in it wif foods? What poops made outs ofs anyways? Does poops got foods in it? If it has foods in it, den I musts bes wasting poops. Foods, I means. Bad bodies, bads, wastin's pwecous foods. I'm awfwy hungweis, are we at foods yets? ... I fowgowts what I was sayins. ...", she was suddenly awry with energy, her tongue expending the bulk of it. Given the occasional squelch of her stomach and the subject of her speech, it was easy to see what she was preoccupied with. Her eyes looked around here and there, now alert.

The makeshift torch stood as it was before, one end half in dirt, the other out, as if a memorial to the two who'd once left there. In Suras mind, the experience was now no more than a battle scar, a cool story to tell about that one time her guardians abandoned her to die and how she almost burned the village down. The scene caught her eye, but nothing seemed to register in her mind.

"Mr. Ink Satans? I gwads yous my bwoders.", she smiled shyly, her heart warm with a feeling as if she'd known this man all her life. In this world, there was no such thing as stranger danger, and with front doors kept wide open and unlocked, here in the arms of this well-meaning young man, Sura's heart felt warmed as if by the sun. Things would be alright, she knew it. Her mind drifted to the inner workings of feeces, frogs, explosions, and food once more.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]

(feel free to end/close if you like.)

Messages In This Thread