[m] [p] our guilt, our blame, our blood, our fault
[html]

Myrika is by me!

She sat there beside the ghost now occupying her bedroom. The stillness was strange to Myrika, but not entirely unpleasant after the bustle and noise. The schoolhouse had not been so quiet in many months, and her sister's voice even seemed hesitant to intrude too much on the tranquility. At least, Myri thought it was a good sort of quiet -- albeit not without some faint sense of doom, too. She started to stand and fetch the food, hesitating on the question a moment before straightening upright.

Thank you for coming, she said, looking down at the top of Cassie's downturned head. She's a cousin. Again, the redhead paused a second longer was natural, and what followed was just as disjointed, interspersed with awkward half-pauses and rushed words. She was a leader, once, but she lost her eyes, almost died -- protecting her kid. I saved her. This last was muttered miserably, perhaps enough of an indicator regarding the cost of Halo's life, but Myri was already breaking for the door and the meat. I'll-get-you-food, she said, almost as one word. She took a moment longer than necessary to compose herself outside, and returned with a haunch of deer clutched in one hand.

Her eyes fell on the desk and the haphazardly folded cloak as she reentered. Clutching the meat in one hand, she took up the cloak in the other and held both out at her sister. I don't know if the other can be washed out... or if this one is as good, she said. Some of the things Inferni had were stained with blood, but she had taken the best of what was left. Only a faint darkness existed in one corner of the cloak, and even then, it had been ash rather than blood. In the end, though, both blood and ash were weapons of Inferni, and both may as well have soaked through the cloak through and through. Myri knew how the thing was bought.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread