[m] [p] our guilt, our blame, our blood, our fault
[html]

Myrika is by me!

Vesper, she said, answering almost immediately without any clear idea of what she wanted to say -- and, upon realizing her lack of words, stopped. Vesper is... she started, and stopped. We -- she -- another cessation of speech, a shifting of weight, an almost angry tug at the pelt. She tried not to look at the twitch and motion, keeping her blue-green eyes focused on either the pelt beneath her or the windows.

Myrika gave a slow and steadying exhale. I love her, she more blurted than decided was the best way to put it. Need she forsake family to have romantic love? Myrika thought not, but was this pale stranger family? She glanced up and looked at Cassie, her ears almost flat in her coppery hair. She did not need to puzzle this out; the painful, pricking feeling at having even thought the question resonated within her.

I didn't mean to stay, she might have said, but that would be a lie. Difficult as it was to speak truth, a lie was worse by far. I still love you, though, she added, voice small and lame. And daddy. And mama. She did -- that much was true, but if asked to prove it -- if asked to leave Inferni? Her head dipped a little lowers, the tops of her shoulders hunched almost up to the lowest point of her jaw. It was too easy to speak such, but if actions were more meaningful than simple speech, she'd proved herself a liar several times over, hadn't she?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread