Open the Gate For Me
[html]

Sabine Perrin du Lac
I got dust from a rattlesnake, I got a black spider bone.
If that don't do it, baby, you'd better leave it all alone.

"Papa Legba ouvre baye pou mwen, Ago eh!"

The red wolf chanted in a way that her words carried. She was blessed with a eerily melodic voice, despite the harshness she often spoke with, and the slight rasp that came along with her tune. Some have claimed it to have even seductive qualities, but she had always denied it.

"Papa Legba Ouvre baye pou mwen..."

She searched Fellmoor Swamp, her new place of residence (at least, self proclaimed place to stay, until she either grew old of it, or was in some means evicted), for anything she could find a use for. The sticky mud and insects seemed to be nothing for her, as she simply swatted a few pesky bugs away on occasion, her singing still ongoing.

"Ouvre baye pou mwen, Papa!"

The former marshland, now flooded and lacking in healthy vegetation (including possible herbs and spices for her many concoctions) seemed a perfect place for her. She felt a strong pull to the neglected land, something that gave her a sense of comfort. It wasn't claimed, at least not yet, that she knew of, so she felt it was fine for her to stay in the area. Though, if one was to come and tell her otherwise, she wouldn't leave without a fight, or placing a curse on the poor man's soul.

"Pou mwen passe, Le'm tounnen map remesi Lwa yo!"

Because of her go-getting personality and the inability to empathize, she usually got what she wanted. She felt no pity if it was at the cost of somebody else's possession, and the red wolf was determined to have her way.

With a huff, she stood straight. Her mess of hair, adorned with beads and bones, along with feathers from her dearest companion, her Kanlenkro, fell past her shoulders, a mass of curls and dreaded locks. Her pelt was muddy coloured, and she seemed to match her scenery.

To others, she would probably be described as eccentric. Or, perhaps, strange. Her style when it came to accessories was unlike most, but absolutely necessary to her.

"Wi, another!" Sabine said with a soft sort of giggle. Digging through the muck had proved useful at last, as she had gathered what looked to be another bird carcass. Others she had kept on the crook of one arm, the other limb free to search.

The land seemed to lack the rodents she wished for, and rabbit she desired. But, the bones, beaks, feathers and organs of the dead creatures she had collected would suffice until she was able to venture off to other lands.

Her Kalenkro would be content with her gifts, as well.

With her treasures in arm, she headed back to the shack in which she hid away, stored her things, and lived in quite comfortably.

She may have also smiled in doing so.

They call me the voodoo woman...
And I know the reason why...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
((475)) :: Sorry it's sucky, in a bleh mood and haven't had much motivation.

Messages In This Thread