her ledger dripping red
[html]

"Thank you," she said, pausing awkwardly a moment to re-straighten the cloak in her lap. "It's very indiscrete though." Pale red eyes passed over the other woman a moment, then she shrugged. "I don't think you're unattractive. Bigger is intimidating, which can be helpful. Perhaps I'm too utilitarian though." Cassandra had a perfectly workable appreciation of beauty and had been called beautiful many times in her life, but she considered that most things could be beautiful given the proper frame.

Blood was beautiful, given poetic contrast, or as long as they deserved it, or as long as it didn't belong to someone you cared about, as long as it took the pain of something else away. Fire was beautiful on a cold winter evening, but not rippling through a forest that many had once called home. Sunsets were beautiful, and sunrises were too, as long as she didn't look too closely. Rain was beautiful in cool summer drizzles, as long as it wasn't a storm, or as long as she had shelter. There was always a catch. Cassandra was beautiful, as long as she did not hold a throat between her jaws, or maybe only when she did.

"I think the brevity it is what makes it peaceful," she said, picking up her needle again. "If those moments lasted longer, they would become like the rest of the night, or the rest of the day, long and hard and full of opportunities for things to go awry." Rather suddenly, she had the thought that lives were best lived quickly. Short, but full, with nothing drawn not, and nothing saved for last. Brief, impulsive, and passionate, without time to second guess. "Have you been with Inferni long?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread