her ledger dripping red
[html]

She gave a short laugh, surprising herself a little. "You never know, some may well enjoy harmless intimidation. They might appreciate the strength." It was not her favorite conversational subject in the world, but the other woman's perspective was uniquely strange, and it somehow, the words to respond with came very easily to Cassandra. "You can probably expect that most don't know what they're looking for until they've found it. There's nothing that says you absolutely must find a mate either. "

The pallid woman glanced sideways at Willam and considered what she said about la Chemin. The idea that someone would dictate the pairings of the pack repulsed her on multiple levels, but the idea was surreal enough to feel almost like fantasy to her. At the same time, it was not hard for her to guess at the appeal of such a system. There was a freedom in lack of freedom, perhaps. "Why do you want to contribute to the next generation?" she asked plainly, "There are enough children around, plenty without parents of their own."

Cassandra paused a moment at the coyote's other question, then shrugged her good shoulder. "No," she said of her membership term. "I am only here to visit my sister. I will not stay in Inferni." It was obvious enough that she was also injured and healing, but she saw no reason to point out the obvious. "Why did you decide to come here?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread