[p] the lessons that we've learned here
[html]

This post is awkward but it's more character-caused awkwardness and I can live with it because Lowry is an awkward fellow. 8DDD

Lowry is by Nat!

He hadn’t been expecting a great fanfare of laughter and sunshine from the girl, and the half-smile was worth a million grins to him. Her hand was warm as it curled around his, and he tugged with what lean muscles he had, managing to haul her to her feet. He saw, happily, that she was smaller than he was (quite a large feat), and his keen yellow eyes noted other details, too—tumbling dark hair, but a still-adolescent body adorned only by practical things. She had still developed, though, and would be a young woman in a few more months; he knew these things as all protective brothers knew these things, and he was thankful she wasn’t a paragon of beauty yet.

Elody apologized—first for something massive, at which point he opened his mouth and tried to think of how to answer—and then something very simple, at which point he simply gave up and let out a chuckle before he saw the shininess of her bright yellow-green eyes. His ears flattened uncomfortably before she rubbed at them then threw a skinny arm around his skinny body, and he had to laugh again until it was his time to talk.

“Everything’s been boring for me, too,” Lowry said with a shrug of his narrow shoulders. “I’m not really headed anywhere, but I’m going to keep traveling until I can see the wonders of the world.” He puffed out his scrawny chest, letting the immense statement linger in the air until something occurred to him. “Wait—do you have a place you’re headed?” It had never occurred to him to go anywhere, except maybe toward lands he would learn of during his travels—lands of intrigue and gorgeous landscapes, lands with characters and stories and the sparking of a thousand tales he would weave all on his own.

But, if Ellie was going somewhere… No, he didn’t want to just blindly follow his sister, did he? He still kind of felt entitled to protect her, or at least as much as Elody let anyone protect her—but the siblings had all left, and something had changed—maybe not a bad thing, maybe not a change for the worst, but he didn’t think he could just go and follow his family again. He scowled, distracted by his thoughts, before the anxious question made him jump.

“I—oh, no, I haven’t seen her,” Lowry confessed. He scuffed at the ground with a foot, avoiding the other’s concerned gaze. “She’ll… She’ll be okay, though.” He said it like it was a truth, and so it had to be true. Helena was still a Lykoi, so she had to be strong, but she didn’t have the same shield as Elody did or the fire Lowry did. He shook his head to clear it then smiled more confidently. “She’ll find her own way.”

<style>
.lowryNat {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:90%;}
.lowryNat p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.lowryNat p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:7px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.lowryNat .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.lowryNat .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.lowryNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.lowryNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread