Let the arrow fly
[html]

The sun departed. Immediately the color left the sky, replaced by winking silver stars. But the sky was still slate gray, and Lynx was sure she would be found before night closed in. Sure enough, not half an hour had passed before a hulking figure approached from the depths of the territory. The tattoed woman's eyes widened in shock. She had seen few canines as massive as the speckled man, all in the populated coastline of her homeland, but meeting a giant like him in such a small village seemed somehow unlikely. Lynx was impressed.

Despite his weapons and his size, the Great Dane was more polite than intimidating when he spoke to her. She quickly respected his dominance, lowering her ears and tail just as Lotty had once taught her. Lynx wore a small, friendly smile as she tilted her muzzle in return.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir. I am Lynx de Macian." she spoke in a soft, Norwegian voice. After giving her name, the pale girl fell silent, suddenly uncertain of how to communicate what she wanted. Her heart beat against her ribs, but what did she have to fear? Inhaling quietly, Lynx grasped the strap more firmly, a gesture that would always have a calming effect on her. "... I've come a long way. But my journey is over, and I wish for a new home." When she finished, the fiddler said a prayer to herself, asking the gods for the wisdom to show her best to the huge dog, and Vinatta.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread