Let the arrow fly
[html]

The man asked about her homeland, and for a second Lynx returned there. So many times during the day, the girl imagined Norse mountain spires covered in opalescent snow, far northern glaciers, and glittering emerald Aurora Borealis. Norway was too beautiful to ever forget.

Lynx blinked her memories away. I come from Norway. My ship arrived a few days ago. I considered traveling further west, but your home here... I like it, she explained quietly, her gaze briefly sweeping the village in the background.

Before even leaving her family, Lynx had anticipated the questions she would be asked whenever she sought acceptance into a new home. Still, the pale wolfess worried that her skills wouldn't be adequate. But Lotty had always assured her that they were. Apparently, the old woman had seen many wanderers accepted who were far less skilled than the tattooed girl, and while Lynx remained unsure of herself, she had no choice but to believe her aunt.

Well... I play the fiddle, she warmly began, absently gesturing to the instrument that rested on her broad shoulders. I can entertain with my music. This she said with a confident smile and a small tilt of her head. Yes, she could entertain. More than once she had lead cheerful gatherings with her music, and her fiddle had brought some interest to the sometimes dull ship ride across the great sea. And I fight with a mace, like yours. She looked pointedly at the dog's largest weapon. Blunt fighting was a skill her father had taught her. The woman was powerful enough to cause severe damage with a mace, although she wasn't particularly fond of fighting. Actually, she lacked a weapon now because she had traded hers for horsehairs before boarding the ship. She could always fight without a weapon, but she could not play a fiddle without bowstrings.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread