just one move puts me by myself
That is good! She will have to be extra gooey because Claudius thinks she is spying on him and will tell Salsola! :O If she opens up, he'll fess up though! (WC: 333)
[html]
[/html]When she responded that Inferni knew ‘everything’ about borders (which was highly unlikely) Claudius had to wonder again if she really was suffering from some sort of disability. If Inferni knew all there was to know, and she implied that she was well-versed in such knowledge, than he was doubly confused as to why AniWaya’s own laws confused her in such a manner. Perhaps it was difficult for her to be confronted with such rules outside of her own home, where she had to abide by them rather than enforce them.

Luckily, she only scowled at him and fell in line as he began to lead her to the edge of the territory. When she spoke up again, he found himself frowning. He wasn’t sure why she would come all this way to ask about the parentage of another canine’s child. It seemed a bit odd, and honestly, rather intrusive. He considered the questions for a few seconds and weighed his thoughts. Yes, Io was pregnant, and yes, a former member of Inferni, Jacinto, had recently joined. He said he was there to care for Io’s child. That would mean that his claim was correct, though it also meant that Io was being unfaithful to Jaroslaw. Claudius wasn’t sure how he felt about that.

He was about to respond with something appropriate and questioning, but she jumped in and asked another question. He was about to stop her when he realized just what exactly she was asking. This time, he frowned and then looked away. When he looked back at her, his frown was gone.

“I-I-I duh-do nuh-not thuh-think either… o-o-of… thuh-those… kuh-quest-tions… a-a-a-re… re-e-e-leva-huh-ant,” he replied. “I fuh-feel ba-a-ad you cuh-came all this wuh-way to… find thuh-these answers, buh… but… why-y-y-y duh-do yuh-you wish… tuh-to nuh-know?”It was not so much that Claudius was paranoid (he was) but he wasn’t sure why he ought to answer either of these questions. The first, he did not think mattered, and the second mattered too much.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread