just one move puts me by myself
[html]
[/html]Claudius felt a sanctimonious grin threaten to cross his face when Vesper lowered herself to the ground in deference to his authority. As a member of Inferni traipsing around on these lands, this should have been the first thing she did. Although AniWaya had its own expectations and social constructions crafted into their way of life, ultimately, they were still all some sort of canine and all canines should respect natural law before making any assumptions. Perhaps in this manner, Claudius was too strict and too traditional, but he had good reason to be suspicious; he had been bound, forgotten, and eventually traded; he had been forced to request his tribe's warriors back; he had lied for a wolf who had later betrayed them; and he had seen his mother come and go with gruesome tales of battles past. He did not mind using natural law if it was appropriate and it certainly was here.

When Vesper revealed that she knew his mother, apparently well enough to recognize their similar scents. Although this was worth mention, it was not difficult to trace lineage by scent, so this did not satisfy him enough. Perhaps if she proved herself trustworthy, he might reveal that Tayui was his mother, but not yet.

"Yuh-yes, i-it was," he replied, in reference to her comment about it being presumptuous. And to address her second comment, he replied: "A-a-a-ni-Wa-ya... has seen... be-e-e-tray-al fuh-from I-inf-e-e-erni... too... so i-if he w-w-as wuh-worthy o-o-of our... suspicion... he... wuh-would... nuh-not be-e-e here," he replied, somewhat crossly. Although he did not directly say it, he did answer her question, while indicating that he was quite aware--and very displeased about--Matteo's crimes.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread