just one move puts me by myself
[html]
[/html]She met his look, but did not question it. For a moment, he wondered if she was trying to tell him something in return, but the moment passed and Claudius was a little confused as to what had just happened. He wasn't dense by any means, but he still found others' habits somewhat perplexing. Even if he thought he knew what they were talking about, perhaps Vesper had other ideas, too. She didn't voice them, though, and instead pounced on his question about why she was looking for Tayui.

Claudius was torn. On one hand, this was an opportunity to protect his mother from those who were looking to hurt her; but on the other hand, he could easily see Vesper as one of the canines that had fought alongside her. Even more, Vesper's abrasive attitude would probably amuse his mother more than it did Claudius (especially since she would have been a loner at the time).

Claudius mulled this over for a few moments, wondering if he trusted her. On one hand, if she really was Tayui's friend, than he could understand why she would be concerned. The last time he'd spoken to his mother, she'd told him that she was moving to Vinátta with her partner, Anu, and Anu's son. He also knew that if Vesper was truly Tayui's friend, Tayui would find a way to contact her to let her know that she was all right.

Slowly and carefully, Claudius replied at last: "Tuh-Tayui is my... muh-mother." He paused when he realized that he wasn't looking at Vesper. He turned his head so that he could watch her reaction. "I a-a-a-am suh-sure... if yuh-you... a-a-are... tuh-truly... fuh-friends, shut-she wuh-will... conta-a-a-act... yuh-you," he replied. He supposed it was not so much a danger to reveal that Tayui was alive; Vesper was quite obviously a member of Inferni and not of Salsola. Although he had his own paranoia that she might sell the information to Salsola, he had to take a chance; he knew of the sorts of friends his mother kept and Vesper certainly seemed like one of them. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread