Wounded and Weary
[html]

((543))

Harvey

It was relieving already, as the waster seemed to clean the wounds well enough to ease the aussie dog of some pain. He knew leaving them unwashed would most probably lead to infection, as well, so it was extremely appreciated that Rio was tending to his cuts so accurately and carefully.

He nodded, Yeh, dovey, it's feelin' much be'er, it is. But, oh... Seems t' be makin' quite a mess of your couch. I can clean tha' up for ya if you'd like, I should of pro'ly found a place t' clean meself up outside. The Brit said with a soft laugh to follow. It was the least he could do for the help, and he'd feel less guilty, especially if the sofa was something she cared to keep nice.

Harvey watched her as she worked, smiling some. he never thought he'd rely so much on a female, yet here he was not only being cared for by one, but also living in the home in her possession. Some how, though, despite his ego, he didn't mind it, perhaps because he was far too grateful to be annoyed.

It was impolite to stare, so he kept looking in occasional glances. He didn't want to cause discomfort between them, but she wasn't a horrid site to look at herself. Harvey wondered why a pretty young woman like herself, fully capable of holding her own and being there to help about the house, was alone (besides the canine's she'd let stay in her home). Of course, though, being polite (and especially due to his being British), the red merle male kept the question a mystery, as it'd be rude to pry into something so personal, and even worse for a man to be so invasive to a lady.

Ya seemed t' 'ave gotten most of 'em, love, the brute got 'imself a good gnaw at me arm... Back of me 'ead may be a bit bumped, but I doubt anyfin' seriously wrong wif it... Harvey smiled, sitting himself up again.

He was one to always speak his mind, which more often then not got him in trouble, but this time, he really wouldn't find anything rude to say if he tried. Cheers... For bein' such a 'elp t' me. Harv nodded, hoping she'd understood his term for 'thanks'. I know I said the first day I met ya tha' I'd try an' make it up t' ya for lettin' me live 'ere... The cockney dog couldn't help but give a pathetic laugh, shaking his head a bit as he did so, An' 'ere I am needin' more of your 'elp. 'Sposed t' be the bloke, the... The man! 'Ere t' protect the one I owe, not the ovah way 'round.

The Brit sighed. He'd tried to keep of the subject of him feeling less by her providing so much for him, mostly because he felt it useless to bring up, and tried, usually, to keep his emotions out of conversation, especially with a lady. It had slipped. He shook his head, his smile returning as he looked back at her with his bi-coloured brown and blue eyes.

Yeh, maybe I can still make it up t' ya sometime... Harvey Butler nodded, Jus' let me know.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread