Wounded and Weary
[html]
Word Count :: 327 // Points :: 3

Rio continued to scrub his skin as gently as she could. He sat up, and she wasn’t done yet, but she let him go. There were only a few more wounds that he would be able to get to himself if he wished to clean them outside. She nodded, ”I hope not.” Then she allowed him to get up if he wanted to. She flopped the sponge back in the pail, and sat back on the floor with her legs curled under her on the right side. As he said his own form of ‘thank you’, she smiled and dipped her head. ”A pleasure. And you don’t have to make it up to me, but if you wish – I’m sure you’ll find something.” She wanted a moment with him to just talk, and learn about him. He seemed interesting to her and she wanted to know him more. Maybe that was a way that he could pay her back – just to be able to hang out with her for a little while.

Rio looked up at the handsome shepherd, and nodded. ”Maybe we can hang out sometime… Just to get acquainted before I leave.” She was leaving. She already had it planned out – the 27th. Two days… The sudden realization made Rio’s thoughts jumble a bit – she had no time left. Well, she would have to invite Harvey to her new home once she got all settled. Switching her thoughts back to the present, she looked up at him on the couch. ”You can clean the rest of your wounds out in the yard if you’d like – or I can clean them.” She pointed her nose to the bucket, ”Don’t worry about the couch. Everything in here in stained and dirty anyway. Nothing worth keeping extremely clean.” All the furniture in the small house was either stained or dirty or broken… Nothing was worth keeping nice – unless she planned to take it back to Cour des Miracles.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread