Wounded and Weary
[html]
Word Count :: 345 // Points :: 3 Ooc.

Rio beamed at the comment. He was handsome, and he could give her compliments all day long – and still get a great big smile in return. Her own tail swayed delicately behind her. She gazed up at him, hearing his tail scrape against the couch and thump here and there with happiness. ”Thank you, Harvey.” Finally, she looked away, a little bashful as it was obvious he noticed and appreciated her beauty. She toyed with the stained carpet with one of her white fingers out of awkwardness.

When the embarrassment blew over, and a new topic was brought up, Rio looked back up at him. ”Two days.” Then her attention shifted back to the carpet, ”I’m going to Cour des Miracles. I’m going to take everything I have from here – leaving this house to you, to do whatever you please with it.” Since Itzal left, it was all Harvey’s now. She answered all of his questions like she read his mind or something, but they were just obvious questions that went with the explanation of her new plans. ”If you do wanna hang out – we can either do it tomorrow or I can come and visit you in about a week or so?” Visiting him sounded weird, as they lived together for about two months.

She wasn’t rushing him – a week to herself did sound good – and she didn’t mind coming back to Halifax to visit him. He was worth it – the travel. Plus, if Cour des Miracles got stressful for her – she would be able to use the home and away from home for a bit. Rio spoke to him without looking at him, but her voice was very audible as the house was quiet now that it was just them there. ”Would you ever join a pack?” Rio was curious as to know whether the dog-man would actually take on wolf ways. He should, as a pack wasn’t just about hierarchy and doing the alpha’s bidding – it was family, in some cases, and a chance to fit in somewhere, as Rio saw it.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread