To the Sea and Back
[html]
Words - 200+

No worries Smile

Wounds hurt less over time. The scars they leave last much longer. Jaden liked to think he hadn’t been horridly scarred by what had happened in his family’s territory. His reoccurring nightmares where proof otherwise but other than that he had come to accept his history. His mind was only given a few seconds to linger on those memories before the Russian gave a very foreign sounding name. Vladislava Kalashnikov. damn, he thought to himself, how am I going to possibly be able to pronounce that? He took a moment to say it over in his mind but it helped little. The way her tongue bounced around the syllables and such just didn’t translate well on his dull feeling tongue.

Luckily, he was not left to cruelly butcher her name. He smiled at her in a pleasant way and she swept the conversation in a less personal direction. Part of him had thought she might go on to ask of his dark history. The way he had left it as a mystery for her may have swayed such a question into existence. But it would seem she had no interest or knew enough of hardship to not go asking about it. Jaden was left to wonder in that second of transition why he had been so mysterious in his words? His past was not something he necessarily enjoyed sharing, wish strangers especially. He noted this to himself and decided to think on it later before moving on.

A beautiful day. When was the last time someone had asked him such a simple question? He couldn’t recall but it was strangely refreshing. I suppose it is, he said and glanced up to the bright sky with a squint. The sun would soon begin to dim as it was sitting low on the horizon already. Nicer now that it isn’t quite so hot, he added. Then he smiled at her in a kind, slightly charming way. I hope I would not be keeping you from it. Do you have plans that need tending to before nightfall? A campsite to return to? She was a loner and some liked to camp out in a less animalistic fashion than others. Politely asking whether he would be wasting her time seemed appropriate.

Sangi'lak. Pack. Table.

<style type="text/css">
.SKPT1Jaden b {font-weight:bold; color:#c8bda9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #404e50; }
.SKPT1Jaden-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:center;}
.SKPT1Jaden p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.SKPT1Jaden {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#db5301; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... 1Jaden.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ecebe9; padding: 365px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.SKPT1Jaden-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.SKPT1Jaden-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6f878d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread