and onward we go (Leader needed)
[html]

-ooc-

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is desired as far as ooc information... if you want the info from my initial application here, let me know and I'll edit o.o;;.

Desired Tier: Cavalry.
Canine NPC: Nope.
Non-Canine NPC: Nope.

-ic-

It was getting on toward early evening as Jimson stepped out of a thick wood to find himself presented with a gently rolling plain. He could not see the ocean from here, but he could smell its salty breeze. He blinked a few times; it had seemed that night had already descended as he had trekked through the thick, coniferous forest, but as he emerged onto the plain he realized that the sun had not quite settled in for the night and was, in fact, just now beginning to dip below the western horizon. He took a deep breath of the cool, briny air and leaned on his staff for a moment, taking in his new surroundings: to his right he could see a treeline in the distance, while to his left there were only fields with the unseen ocean beyond them. Straight ahead -- more of the plain, as far as he could see. He'd need to bed down soon, but he still had a bit of daylight left, and didn't really want to spend more time fighting his way through the dense forest. And so he propelled his towering white bulk forward, going southwest, with the plan of reaching the treeline eventually and setting up camp right inside it.

The giant dog did reach the treeline, but before he had paused long enough to set down his pack and quiver, another scent stood out from that of the sea. He knew that this was a populated area, and had been careful to skirt around the numerous wolf territories. He knew wolf scent -- he'd kept them off his sheep enough back home. He felt confident he could defend himself against one or even two, but there really was no reason to go tramping through their territories and inviting an entire pack down on his blocky head. But the territory he was near now -- he could smell wolf, but stronger was the smell of dog. Interesting. Well, he could settle down here, just outside this packland, anyway. He wasn't encroaching, and maybe one of them would scent him and he'd have some company for the night. Or maybe they would even invite him in -- it would be so nice to have a place to rest his feet for a while. The Pyr didn't know exactly what it was he'd expected to find when he'd set out from his family's ruined stead, but he'd yet to find it, and was getting a bit weary of aimless wandering.

<style>
#jimson td { background-image:url(http://hensleyitis.files.wordpress.com/ ... plantr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; }
#jimson p:last-child { margin:0 135px 0px 0 }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread