and onward we go (Leader needed)
[html]

(--) It's all good; I've always intended Skoll to be a bit of an open book -- especially when he's trying not to be. x3

Skoll nodded with what he hoped to look like detached interest as the dog expanded on his fighting ability. His size advantage was obvious, and the concept was one that Skoll used to his own benefit although he wasn’t nearly as large as this monstrosity of a dog. He’d make a good wall, at any rate, and that he fought with a staff was—“Cool, I mean, interesting.” He gave his head a shake. “My half-sister uses staffs to fight but I’ve never actually seen anyone use them. I prefer using my own teeth and claws, personally.” He grinned, one of the few overt signs of friendliness he’d displayed so far, but the topic of discussion was one that brightened his mood. He craved to be a warrior, both for the protection of his vulnerable family and, less importantly but still a factor for the yearling prince, the esteem that went with it.

He wondered if he’d crossed the line asking about the stranger’s old home, though, and he shuffled his paws awkwardly as the other answered. The creamy-furred boy didn’t know what a tornado was, maybe a big animal or the name of a faction of aggressive luperci, but he did know that it had to be hard to lose an entire home.

“I’m sorry that happened to you, Jimson,” Skoll said after nodding in acknowledgment of the other’s last statement. “Is that why you traveled here? Looking for a new home?”

<style>
.skoFace {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.skoFace p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.skoFace p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.skoFace .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.skoFace .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.skoFace b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.skoFace u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread