and onward we go (Leader needed)
[html]

Ah, and so here was the truth of young Mister Haskel: he was young and eager, just like any other canine his age, though it seemed he desperately wanted to be seen as an authority. Jimson had an idea that perhaps the wolf-dog had been promoted in whatever hierarchy the pack had before he was quite ready. Not to say that he wasn't capable -- he probably was, from what little Jimson had observed -- only that his place in the world outranked his experience. Well, Skoll handled it better than many would have, anyway -- many in his position would try too hard, being unnecessarily mean or obnoxious in an attempt to show off the power they'd been given. Jimson had no way of knowing exactly what the young male's rank was among his pack, but he figured that in time, once he had become seasoned, young Mister Haskel would become quite a formidable leader. For now, though, he'd allowed his stony demeanor to crack just a little, and that youthful exuberance shined through as the discussion turned to fighting. We've found his passion, Jimson thought to himself as Skoll spoke of his preferences, grinning back at the young wolf-dog. "Dun get me wrong," the dog conceded, "Y'can do some major damage w'just th' weapons Mama Nature gave ya. Th' staff, though -- it's good fer putting some hurt on yer opponent and keepin' outta arms' reach at th' same time, an' y'dun even gotta have good aim like y'do with a bow. Trust me, I smack someone anywhere on 'em with mah tree trunk here, they're gon' know it right quick." Time to reach. "Mebbe I can show ya sometime."

Jimson gave the other male a reassuring grin as sympathies were expressed, dismissing them with a wave of his massive hand, a gesture which portrayed much less concern than what he actually felt. "I 'preciate th' thought. It's done now, though, ain't no going back'n changin' what's happened." He cocked his head as Skoll asked the all-important question, the one Jimson had been angling for almost this entire time. "I reckon I left more jus' t'leave then anythin' else," he said. "Dunno exactly what I was lookin' fer, other'n t'get away. But if someplace along th' way started t'look like it might be home, well, I dun reckon I'd pass it up too quick."

<style>
#jimson td { background-image:url(http://hensleyitis.files.wordpress.com/ ... plantr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; }
#jimson p:last-child { margin:0 135px 0px 0 }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread