and there's no tragedy in that.
[html]

ooc.
…. but then I’ll be cold.

ic.

The thing about Sherlock was that she that, while she was a genius and could deduce something relatively quickly and without even trying, she was also incredibly naïve when it came to emotions. It hadn’t even occurred to her that Dahmer would have left Jasper Valley for more than the reason that he was tired of his life as an assassin that perhaps he hadn’t left behind those possessions as a sort of bread crumb trail, that perhaps he didn’t want Sherlock in his life at all. To Sherlock, his leaving was just a puzzle that took her to the end of the country; it had nothing to do with her and there was no there had been no need to scrutinize it on her travels. But now, seeing the amount of anger that was directed at her, Sherlock was beginning to wonder if there was more to his leaving than what she had just automatically assumed months ago.

Sherlock continued to gaze at Dahmer, but aside from the anger that was practically rolling off of him now, there wasn’t anything the female was able to deduce. It was like her brain had suffered a short circuit; every time she looked at the large male, all Sherlock got was a constant stream of blanks and error messages, like a computer humans used before they killed themselves off. As soon as that analogy raced through her mind, Sherlock caught a glimpse of something else in Dahmer’s eyes and the twitch around his mouth that almost went unnoticed before he schooled his features- satisfaction. The bastard was enjoying this, her difficulty at reading him. Well, if he thought the time apart would have given him the chance to change everything about him, then Sherlock was determined to prove him wrong. This was a challenge she was going to enjoy.

She bent down as she finally put her violin and bow away, blocking Dahmer’s view of her face while she allowed herself to smirk with delight. That was the last thing Dahmer should have allowed to peak through, that look of satisfaction; now Sherlock was intent on deducing everything- oh, the sense of a good challenge made her heart beat ever so faster. Sherlock stood up; the smirk was completely gone by the time she looked back at Dahmer, just in time to hear him speak and watch him close the distance between them a bit.

Sherlock watched as he brought his hand to his face and proceeded to bring it down to the back of his neck as he thought of what else to say. The question – and more ammunition for Sherlock – came shortly after the pause. Stepping over her pack, the black female closed the distance between the two but instead of standing in front of Dahmer, Sherlock started to slowly circle him, her hands held lightly behind her back as her fingers tapped out an unknown beat. You’re trying so hard to school your face, you’re forgetting all of your tells. Just now you brought up your left hand to your face, bringing it down behind your ear and then down your neck. That’s one of your tells, specifically the one that you use when you’re truly puzzled, especially to the point of frustration. Now, the use of my surname, you only ever use that when you’re angry with me. Now, while I’m fairly certain I didn’t do anything to anger you back at Jasper Valley, I can assume that you’re angry that I’m here. That I found you.

She stopped her circling of him and planted herself in front of him, no more than a foot and a half of room between them. Sherlock did it on purpose, too, knowing that she couldn’t intimidate him with her height and weight (he was substantially larger than she was) but she knew what to do to throw him off balance. Besides, I should be the one who’s mad here, you left me with Anderson, you know how he lowers the IQ of the entire vicinity whenever he’s around.

She stayed silent after that, seeing if she could throw him off enough that his walls would crumble and she could figure out the true reason he was so angry with her. Besides, she had only gave a vague answer to his proposed question, that would be sure to annoy him as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread