Do you remember?
[html]

Word count +3:: OOC

Zalen saw how much pleasure X’yrin was receiving from his roving fingers and so he continued it, though there was not much to find in the depths of her silky mane; she obviously kept herself well groomed and clean on her own. It was good to see the smile grace her features once more, it became her much better than any other expression, and it lifted Zalen’s spirits. The mention of allying seemed to peek her interest, and she then spoke of her difficultly finding allies amongst the packs. Zalen knew this all too well and nodded in agreement. She then spoke of dogs and how she did not allow them in Sangi’lak and Zalen found this interesting; up until now he believed New Dawn and Inferni were the only packs to disallow joining due to species, he wondered what had changed in X’yrin that she chose to disallow dogs in particular.

She prompted him to speak about his own acceptance practices when she mentioned that New Dawn also didn’t allow dogs and Zalen nodded, Indeed, we do not allow dogs nor coyotes in our ranks. It is not natural to do so, and who are we to go against what nature shows us is right. Coyotes are loners and scavengers by nature, though I find it interesting that Inferni has remained as strong as it has. Dogs are better suited to a humanized life, for they were created from humanity and it is where they thrive. He smiled at her; he believed that there was nothing wrong with his logic in this manner; he believed that different species did better when separate but equal.

But then, continuing, However, there are some in my pack who surely have dog and coyote in their ancestry, you can see it marked in their coats. But they have denounced whatever may be left of their non-wolf heritage and have embraced pack-hood and wolven fellowship, and I could not in good conscience turn them away. There were only three wolves in New Dawn that truly let on about their dog heritage, those being Jiva, Cody and Adonia. But they were more wolf than anything, and it took a trained eye and ear to pick up the dog in them.

<style type="text/css"> .z b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b5835; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #891c04;}
.z p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.z p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.z {margin:0px auto; width:426px; background-color:#6f9001; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 435px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread