Flaming Hearts.
[html]
534 - Sky's going off a bit. x: She'll probably get bitten for it. XD

Zalen's words stung. Two against one? Bullshit! She was defending a packmate who could do nothing to defend himself! Tharin had no reason to attack. He'd given no warning! He'd maybe, at best, growled or rumbled or something. But then, both males had been acting like children. She was biased for Shawchert, which should've been expected- he'd been her mate! But Tharin hadn't been a Gamma. He'd been nothing more than a soldier- and that was not was a Gamma was meant to be. Not a guard. Not a tyrant. Certainly not someone who attacked an elder!

Of course, what Tharin said next sent her hackles on end and her jaw tightened, eyes snapping over to the so-called Gamma with a dangerous chill in them. Struck back!? She waited just long enough to let Shawchert get his two cents in before adding her own. "It's a rank you don't deserve!" She spat, not really caring that Zalen would probably take a chunk out of her for it. He'd gotten his turn to speak. Shawchert couldn't speak. It was her turn now.

"Zalen, Sir, Tharin attacked Shawchert, an Elder, without any clear warning. Shawchert didn't challenge his rank or his dominance! He became defensive in a coversation about his daughter! That's hardly anything to punish, sir." She remarked coldly, before settling her hackles a bit to calm down and explain further. "Shawchert and I were sitting and discussing Titania, and what we could do for her, if only to put our own minds at ease. She's my god-daughter, sir, and Shawchert's daughter. Forgive us for bringing her up, but honestly, we can't rest easy until we know she's safe, memory or not."

She inhaled sharply, and continued. "Tharin disapproved of us doing anything to help her and when Shawchert became defensive- I might've been a touch defensive myself, Sir- Tharin gave absolutely not real warning and attacked Shawchert. I give you my word that if anyone challenged Tharin's rank, it was me." She paused, then shot a glare his way. "Because honestly, Sir, I don't think a wolf who's so close-minded and quick-tempered is the right choice to be a Gamma. Punish me if you want, but Tharin does not deserve his title, and so long as he remains a Gamma, I will continue to challenge it." Whether anyone liked it or not- she would not rest until justice be paid. This wasn't even a matter about Titania anymore- this was for the pack's own safety and well-being.

Tharin wasn't luperci, which in any other situation would've been fine, but he'd been raised without the altered instincts a luperci had. As far as she could tell, anyway, he didn't realize how personal her kind could be, how emotionally driven compared to an instict-driven non-shifting wolf. Every other pack in the area was Luperci led. If Tharin ever went to one of those packs, representing New Dawn, and became angry over another's emotional ideals as he had today, god knows what could happen to New Dawn's reputation and peace. No, she would not stand for a short-tempered Gamma who cared little to nothing for his packmate's feelings and emotional health. How shallow!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread